Thursday, October 4, 2007

*cue mad, diabolical laughter*...?

I guess we'll file this one under "There's a first time for everything!"

While attempting to make Level 57 today in Dr. Torsche's Mansion, Reception Hall, in Cervantes server, I turned a corner and found a team with the glowing red Baron signs over their heads. I can't remember what the family name was, but it involved the Filipino word "maharot" [adjective meaning "flirty"/"lusty"], and several crosses, like so ††.

[Please comment on the post or in the chatbox with your family name so I can properly recognize you ^^]

Being the occasional scaredy-cat that I am, I promptly turned my girls right around and prepared to run the heck away from them, in case I got targeted.

And then the other player said, "^^" - and when I took a look at the dead bodies littering the corridor, I realized that they were all bots! The Baron family was killing the bots!

So I gave them a compliment - though not without inadvertently firing at them because I pressed the space bar in their vicinity - and when they had moved into another section of the map, I decided to try it out myself, as there were a LOT of bots in that map at that time.

Imagine my surprise when, after targeting one family for Forced Attack, an entire squad of double musk/scout families also got targeted! There's something new, I suppose, that we have to watch out for: bots squadding up. *facepalm*

Anyway, I managed to finish off one family, though my wizard died in the process [and lost 1% of her EXP as a result]. I went back to Barracks, and happily clicked on Los Toldos for the very first time.

Here's a pic of the NineMoons main team as new arrivals in the forbidding Baron den:

00077

After a little exploring, I managed to pick up the Tomb Stone back costume, and guess who I gave it to....

00078

There's my scout Aurana with that forbidding burden of hers!

Another shot, this time after working the Baron status off, and upon return to Auch:

00079

Remember, bots = double plus ungood = Baron Points fodder! Death to all bots!

No comments: