Sunday, August 3, 2008

Enjoying the fruits of our good fortune ^^

Waaaay back in March of this year I had the honor of being on the team that won First Prize in the inaugural Fantazzztic Film Awards, the GE machinima/fan film contest. The final version of our movie, Not Another Love Story - Ze Muzical! netted me and the brothers Reclusion some really nifty prizes.

One of those prizes was the special treat handed out by IP e-Games: a set of fairly high-end video cards. Here's our team receiving the hardware at the Dom1nation II event:

Video Cards!
From left to right: Nate Reclusion, Darrick Reclusion, pCM Veya, NineMoons [me], and RCM Hrin.

In stark contrast to the boys, it took me quite a long time to finally make use of the video card. Finally, though, after a series of necessary changes to the workstation I use in both my day job and the never-ending grind of GE, I'm happy to report that yes, the video card has been installed. You can see the results for yourself in the screenshot that follows:

00357
Musketeer Anthy, scout Furyk, and Bernelli Shandre.

I'm still boggling at the absolute clarity of detail, myself.

[By the way, if you're wondering why the proportions look the way they do, one of the changes made to my workstation includes the installation of a widescreen LCD monitor.]

I think having the video card will result in better screenshots from now on. Thanks to IP e-Games for the video card. And LOTS of thanks go to my partner Rosso for putting the workstation back together ^^ ♥

***

NineMoons's 50,000 Hits Screenshot Prompt Contest Week Two is Ongoing!

No comments: